Sunday, September 12, 2010

Road Trip...lets - Day 5

Day 5 we hit the road again along with the rest of the family and headed out to the coast. Casey and I had a wonderful trip on the Oregon coast by ourselves several years ago so we were really excited to get back out there. We are going to have to wait a few more years for the boys to be big enough to go sandboarding in the dunes again.

We just had to stop at a scenic pull-out to take a few pictures and change the DVD for the boys. Living along the Puget Sound you sometimes forget just how beautiful the "real" ocean is!

Just to prove that I was actually on this vacation I had Casey take my picture with the lighthouse in the background. Now you know why I like to take the pictures. I hate having my picture taken but think I can get used to the blurry look!

Our final destination was Beverly Beach State Park in Newport. Grandpa Egger was right, it was an awesome beach. The boys really enjoyed getting out of the car and running free on the beach. We discovered that they don't like the crashing waves and ice cold water but were perfectly happy digging in the sand.

Don't laugh. Casey forgot to pack swim shorts so we bought these on a clearance rack at Kohl's on our drive down! Did I mention that the boys liked digging in the sand? We had so much fun trying to build a sandcastle and dig a moat!



Cousin Kayli.


Evan perplexed by the shovel attached to the pail.

Isaac and Drew.
This picture reminds me of Lord of the Flies for some reason. All they're missing is a conch.


Casey, Aunt Haley, and the tired boys. Another fun filled day!

No comments: