Thursday, February 12, 2009

Age Ain't Nothin' But...

...a couple of numbers. In the world of multiples you will often see a couple of ages when referring to preemies. There is their age and then there is their corrected gestational age which is their age beginning from their full term due date. So although the boys are 4 months old, their corrected gestational age puts them at only 2 1/2 months old. The corrected gestational age is used to measure developmental milestones. This is hard for me because I'm constantly reading and looking for what they should be doing, and how much they should be eating and have found that the boys are developing appropriately for each age. Some things are what 4 month olds are doing and some things are what 2 1/2 month olds are doing. Don't get me wrong though, I don't need a book or statistics to tell me that my boys are advanced geniuses who also happen to be completely adorable:)

No comments: